High Resolution & bigger dimension jpeg to lower size conversion problem

Masud

Dear Experts,

I'm totally new in design works and badly in need of some expert support.

I have a jpeg of a signboard (Written samsung). Its original size is = 952X560 pixel; 72 pixel per inch and dimension is 13.2 X 7.7 inch .
I collect the jpeg from net and need to put this jpeg in my off-set printed brochure.

1) I open the jpeg in illustrator on my brochure format.
2) Then press shift and drag the jpeg from original size to my desired size that is 2.9 X 1.7 inch.

The jpeg shows very good quality in its bigger size but it looks distorted in my desired size.
I tried several process in photoshop to improve quality by watching youtube tutorials. But none of those worked fro me.

I attached the original & my desired size pictures for your suggestion if there any solution to solve my problem.

OR i can't use that JPEG ?

Attachments

• at 50% zoom.JPG
    at 50% zoom.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
  • desired size in illustrator-snapshot.JPG
    desired size in illustrator-snapshot.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
  • original size.JPG
    original size.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 6
  • original-image-size.JPG
    original-image-size.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 6
You need a higher resolution image. Surely Samsung can provide these images for you!
Only if he has permission to be using the image in the first place...

@Masud do you actually have permission to use that image, it will be copyrighted to Samsung or the original photographer and may not be 'free to use' by other people.

You need a higher resolution image. Surely Samsung can provide these images for you!
Thanks Dear hankscorpio for your reply. Actually its an example i provide. Other jpegs of high resolution (2200X2400 pixel) also behaving same.
Please just tell me if there any procesing system in photoshop to edit and use such jpegs ? I mean higher resolution of other jpeg's not working for me.

Only if he has permission to be using the image in the first place...

@Masud do you actually have permission to use that image, it will be copyrighted to Samsung or the original photographer and may not be 'free to use' by other people.
Dear Levi, thanks for your reply. I don't have permission to use that jpeg's, but other regular jpegs on net which have no copyright issue and not giving me a quality picture in my desired size. I need to use those pictures. Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks Dear hankscorpio for your reply. Actually its an example i provide. Other jpegs of high resolution (2200X2400 pixel) also behaving same.
Please just tell me if there any procesing system in photoshop to edit and use such jpegs ? I mean higher resolution of other jpeg's not working for me.

There is no way to go from low-resolution photographs to high resolution.

Back