Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by charziemac, Nov 30, 2010.

1. charziemac

charziemac New Member

Hi My name is charlotte and I was wondering if anybody on this forum can help me. I am in year ten at school and am looking for a work experince placement at the begining of july next year. I love graphic design and would llike to work in this sector. I have tried several companies close to where I live in essex (canvey Island) however they are not able to offer a placement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charlotte.:icon_biggrin:

2. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Hi Charlotte,

I think your best option is to perservere - get hold of as many design agencies as you can find in the area that you would be willing to travel, phone them up and ask if they are able to offer you some form of placement.

If you can convince them of your passion for it and that you wouldn't be just getting under their feet by being there then they might be more willing to let you in.

Best of luck!

3. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Hi Charlotte,

Keep trying, it's a numbers game - don't worry about no - one will be a yes (and follow dedwardp's spot on advice).

Peter

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

5. charziemac

charziemac New Member

Thank you for your help will let you know how I get on.:icon_biggrin:

Charlotte

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget to think outside of the box a little too. Where I live I get a number of free pulications about the local area which mainly feature advertisments for local businesses to fund them. I actually got a bit of experience working for one a few years back because it was effectivley run by one guy and a few volunteers.

Whilst it wasn't a huge amount of experience, it did at least give me a taste for working to deadlines and such like.

Just stick at it. It's probably going to be hard to get a placement if you don't have prior experience (it's hard enough at degree level), though design tutors generally have good contacts for getting you into places.