Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by ralphsaunders, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Before I tell you who I am I must admit I stumbled upon these forums about a year ago and I think it wasn't until a friend linked them to me again a few weeks ago that I registered. All I can say is it was a shame I didn't pay more attention a year ago as this seems like a great place.

I guess its customary to tell you a bit about who I am in an introduction or at least what I do and enjoy.

My name is Ralph Saunders and I am a lazy student. I would like to describe myself as a person who is passionate about the creative arts but that would be a lie because I think fine art is a load of balls. More specifically I enjoy the print and web sides of design with particular interest in branding and the possibilities within the web.

I am currently studying Graphic design, an ND, at SCAT (Somerset College of Arts and Technology) and have a part time job at a design company called Brighter Creative.

You can follow my ramblings and mini rants, not that you would want to, at my twitter and can have a laugh at my tumblog [some nsfw content probably].

I am currently working on a design blog called Creative Woot which is due to be launched sometime in the next couple of weeks and I am also working on my portfolio which should be around soon…[yeah, right].

You can view some of the stuff I have done here however it is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it.

I hope that introduced me enough, I am now off to design a Mr. Men avatar.. any suggestions of what would fit my personality?

2. Welcome to the forum Ralph :)
  3. davewill

davewill Senior Member

welcome ralph, this is a great place to be, and i duno if its coz im using firefox on a mac but i clicked your portfolio samples link and nothing happens!
    Novana Residence Condominium
  4. Becky

Becky Member

ditto, got draw errors :( The pitfalls of being nosey.

Welcome though!
  5. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Thats odd. In both firefox and chrome (on windows) it opens a new tab and downloads a PDF.

Thanks for the welcome guys :D
  6. davewill

davewill Senior Member

haha, same here becky, i love having a nose through peoples work, but then im more than happy for people to nose me back! :p
    Vapor Genie
  7. davewill

davewill Senior Member

i have known issues in the past ralph with pdfs opening like that for mac users so maybe that is it? im not a technical expert tho so thats the best ive got!
    Washington medical marijuana
  8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Ralph,

I got a draw error message as well (IE7 on Windows) but the portfolio showed up fine afterwards. Some great work there.

Welcome to the forum! :)
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Ralph,

Welcome to Design Forums!
    Good to hear you've heard of the site before and pleased to see you got a link to return a year on :)

As for a Mr.Men avatar I think Onartis has already grabbed Mr.Lazy... will have a think for you!