• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

hi there

Corrosive

we are based in chester and have just updated our site all coded by me
Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the coding. All very clean and simple.

One piece of advice I have is to comment everything, especially closing </div> tags. This really helps when it comes to spotting missing closing tags later on. So, say you have a div with the class of content and an id of main-article I tend to do this;

Code:
<div class="content" id="main-article"></div><!--\.content #main-article -->
That way, when your closing div ends up half way down the page because of other content it is easily identifiable. Just a tip to keep you sane for the future!

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the coding. All very clean and simple.

One piece of advice I have is to comment everything, especially closing </div> tags. This really helps when it comes to spotting missing closing tags later on. So, say you have a div with the class of content and an id of main-article I tend to do this;

Code:
<div class="content" id="main-article"></div><!--\.content #main-article -->
That way, when your closing div ends up half way down the page because of other content it is easily identifiable. Just a tip to keep you sane for the future!
ah thanks i use dreamweaver for the most post so finding stuff isn't too difficult at the minute