Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by shorefire, Apr 17, 2009.

1. shorefire

shorefire Junior Member

Hi All, time to get this first post out of the way...

I'm a graphic designer - I work in magazine publishing by day and have just started working freelance part-time in the evenings and at weekends. I have a variety of experience over nearly ten years in media, my particular areas of expertise being:

- magazine layout design
    - logo design
    - print production/print finishes
    - retouching

Hopefully I can bring something to this forum as it seems like a good crowd of interesting people!
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome to the forums buddy!
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

welcome to the forums!

which magazine do you publish? any we might know? :)
  4. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF, enjoy
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi shorefire,

Welcome to Design Forums, good to see you could join us, do you have a website up for your freelance projects?
    Always interesting to see new members work :)

I hope you find DF useful, speak to you soon.
  6. shorefire

shorefire Junior Member

I work on a variety of consumer titles, mostly on the advertorial side of things. I have worked for Heat, Closer and More magazine among others. Not the most high brow of titles but good experience.
    I am currently working on my website, which was due to be up very soon but I have chosen to change it completely. It looked very commercial and I don't want people to think I do off the shelf designs. I don't actually do web design at the moment but a friend of mine does and he will be working with me so we can offer a combined print/web design service.
  7. Harry

Harry Senior Member

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Sounds good, look forward to seeing your portfolio site when it's up & running, be sure to post it in the critique section, sure you'll get some valuable feedback :)

9. Welcome to the forum shorefire :)
  10. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member