Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi im new!!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Betty, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Betty

Betty Junior Member

Hi im Betty, im a second year student at University college Falmouth and am studying Performance sportswear design. I know its not the usual design course but its pretty fun making wetsuits and snowboarding gear etc.

Im obviously really interested in sports, and living in Cornwall mainly watersports, like Ive been sailing all my life and am learning to windsurf. (attempted surfing but i just cnt do it!!) Im also very interested in fashion especially as my course is run along side a fashion design degree, Im also very into photography and usually have my camera everywhere!

I don't have a website or portfolio as of yet but hoping to sort that out soon.

I am currently trying to apply for work experience over summer but finding writing a cover letter a tad tricky, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated!

2. welcome to the forum Betty :)
  3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

welcome to the forum :)
    I'm sure some people can give good advice on a cover letter, maybe create a new post giving some more information on the stuff you need help with?
  4. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hello Betty, and welcome, how lucky you are to live in Cornwall!

Have you got any photo's online? There's so much inspiration down there, the coastline is awesome!

5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Hi Betty, welcome to the forum, have fun!
  6. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Welcome Betty. Your course sounds really interesting! Evey year I say i'm going to snowboard/ski but never get round to booking it!

Would love to go to Cornwall too.. maybe this summer!!

For your cover letter - Probs best to get everything you can think of written down in rough draft, then start editing it. Google for example letters if you're stuck. If you post on here i'd be happy to help!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Betty.

Welcome to DF, sounds like an interesting course you're on, but makes me think you should be in Australia!? :) Look forward to seeing your work if you get it online, and as for a cover letter, I'm sure there's been a few threads about this in the past (I'll try and find those for you) and as the others have said post up what you have so far, I'm sure you'll get some assistance, Ally is good with the old copywriting!!

8. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Hello Betty :) Welcome aboard. It's so nice here, I think you will enjoy time with us.
  9. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome indeed.

All aboard the Skylark!
  10. keith115

keith115 Member

Welcome along betty, let us know when you get your website or portfolio sorted and im sure people will help you reach your goal, hope you enjoy
  11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk