• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hi Guys

Hi Guys, newbie on the block :)

Like most I have a web design firm, medium success, but growing. Not to take too much posts I will ask a question here in the introduction...

I was thinking on promoting free templates with a link in the footer if the template, is that good for SEO or will that be considered as SPAM?

Thanks

Kevin

You're in violation if you sell that theme.

The theme is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License (details of the license). You can use the theme freely for all of your projects, without any restrictions. However, it’s forbidden to sell or redistribute the theme without both the designer’s and Smashing Magazine’s permission. Please link to this article if you would like to spread the word. You may modify the theme as you wish, but if you are planning to release your modification, please ask our permission first.
Source: Color Paper: A Free WordPress Theme - Smashing Magazine

A fluke like this makes me question your other work. Especially those first five sites you display look like themes, albeit not in a way that I can easily find them back like the one above.