• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hi guys. Need help please

drnh

Hi everyone.

I need a little help if possible.

I recently had an eflyer from a company featuring solid grey human type characters in various poses....carrying boxing, pointing, holding etc etc.

They have large round heads with no faces and are smooth shaded.

Hope this makes sense. I cant add an image as i dont have enough posts.

Can anyone tell me where i can find such charcters ready made in various poses to download and use or the software used to create them?

I thought it was Daz3d or Poser but it seems its not....not 3dMax either?

Confused

Thanks for any help

Daz

Greg

Hi Daz,

You should be able to add an image or link to an image as the restrictions were removed yesterday, if it's giving you an error message can you let me know what that says exactly please?

(I think without an image it's going to be quite difficult to help)
Thanks, Greg

drnh

Hi Greg

Thanks for that buddy i'll try it again now.

Just tried it and it says "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more"

I've tried to add an IMG code from photobucket

Thanks again Greg

Daz

drnh

Hiya Becky

Have tried all the types it gives you but it seems theres a block on posting any links at to external sites all for anyone with less than 15 posts.

I've PM'd Greg the IMG link though.

I do hope someone can help with the characters after all this lol

Daz

Well, I wasn't helping with the link posting. Was posting a link to some characters which sort of fit the description you gave :p

Greg

Hi Daz,

Whilst I sort out the permissions issues, I'll post the image for you...

Take a look at Becky's iStock link, looks like they're the ones you're after :)
Greg

drnh

OOOH ha ha

Thanks Becky they're perfect, exactly what i'm looking for.

Do you know anywhere to get them for....errm...free :)

Daz

drnh

Yes they're the fellas..

Thanks Greg

Really looking forward to getting involved in your great forum and learning from all the members

Daz

Greg

I doubt you'll be able to get them for free, the only way you may be able to get them cheaper is if you can find an iStock voucher or similar? Other than that it's learning how to create them in some 3D software... I'd have no idea where to start though tbh.

Greg

drnh

Thanks again Greg / Becky

I used to use Poser and Daz3d but these look more like they're created in 3dMax....but that said the rendering doesnt look like its using the 3dMax engine.

Just a little confused as to what they're being created in.

Daz