• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hi from Wiltshire

Hi
My name's Zoe and I'm currently studying Design Thinking with the OU. I'm kind of doing the midlife-crisis-got-to-change-careers type thing. I don't really know what I want to do yet but I've been playing around with designing patterns with the idea of launching my own range of fabrics.

Last month I wanted to be a landscape designer and next month it'll probably be interior design.

The only problem is that looking at some of the amazing stuff that you guys produce, I'm kind of thinking that I may as well go back to the day job.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Zoe

Greg

Welcome to DF Zoe, and don't be intimidated, everyone starts somewhere, looking back on some of my work from a few years back makes me shudder :p

Hope you enjoy the forums,
Greg

Jimlad

Also welcome from Tyne & Wear. Never lived in Wiltshire, sorry.
You'll find most people on here are pretty friendly if you're looking for advice or feedback.

Thanks, everyone, for making me feel so welcome.

Jimlad said:
Also welcome from Tyne & Wear. Never lived in Wiltshire, sorry.
You'll find most people on here are pretty friendly if you're looking for advice or feedback.
Hi, yes I've found that out already. :clap:

Cheers
Zoe

(But I will try to keep the smilies under control, I gather there's a smiley abuse problem around here).

Greg

Thomzo said:
(But I will try to keep the smilies under control, I gather there's a smiley abuse problem around here).
Good to see Chris' reputation proceeds him (nod)
He's given up now though, the first step was admission, the next step is a smilies anonymous sub-forum?!

(snow) What, like this one? (oops sorry couldn't resist it).

So, is the 'C' word a dirty word around here? I have a bit of a confession, I'm a Christmasoholic which tends to make me unpopular with the ba-humbug brigade.

Zoe

Jimlad

There's a Brigade? Are they taking new members?

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. Just not in bloody August, which was apparently when the shops started displaying Christmas stuff this year. At least wait til Halloween's over!