Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from a future graphic designer!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Tim Knight, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Tim Knight

Tim Knight New Member

Hi,

My name is Tim and I am from the UK.

I stumbled into doing magazine design a few years back now and have been teaching myself Adobe Indesign. I don't pretend to be an expert, or any good if I am honest, but every day (especially at the moment) I am learning something new, and my work is getting better, and better.

I did run Amaze Magazine - Amaze Magazine | The creative media website but after 5 issues and 11,200 readers we decided to close our doors; mainly because we felt the design wasn't up too par, but also we wanted to change our name and how the articles are put together.

Ever since we closed in August I have been working hard on designing new templates and think we are getting there with some basic design templates for the first edition of Modern Creative Magazine (which will replace Amaze Magazine).

Modern Creative Magazine will basically be a mix of interviews and articles from undiscovered talent from around the world, with the best new competitions/projects and the odd celebrity or two... Richard Branson did an interview with us a little while ago!

So what am I doing here?

Well several things, firstly to get some advice and help with the magazine design, I would love to see if members who know what they are doing with Indesign would like to help out, both with Modern Creative Magazine and a top secret project - all I can say is that it will be huge for all those involved!!!

Second, I would love to feature some of you in my magazine, I want the world to see the talented individuals in this forum...

And lastly, hopefully I will be able to learn and develop with you over time!

Kind Regards,

Tim Knight
    timknight81@gmail.com
    Amaze Magazine | The creative media website

2. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum.

3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Hiya,

Not sure quite how much time and practical help people can provide (most of us are quite busy with paid work) but it sounds like you're getting things worked out the right way and I'd be glad to chip in with advice etc where I can. Drop me a line at david@bleedink.co.uk and fill me in on where you think you my need help & details of you're top secret James bond mission, & I'll see if I can be if any use to you.

4. Tim Knight

Tim Knight New Member

Sent you an email ;)

bigdave likes this.
  5. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, welcome to the Forum.

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat as Dave, way too much work on to actually get involved but I'm able to offer advice where I can :)