Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi everyone, frustrated designer joining to say hello ;-)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Origincreative, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Origincreative

Origincreative New Member

Hi guys and girls,

Thought i would say hi and explain a little about myself.

I (as many on here) have been obsessed with looking at and creating art and design since i was a child. I had to take this into my adult life and make it my career or i wouldnt be happy.

I originially studied Product Design at college and University and have a degree in this area and then went on to be an interior designer for just over 4 years. Unfortunately i was made redundant in the recession as the company went under but this helped me reevaluate my life and i realised i had always been more interested in print and graphics than anything else, so i decided i needed to change.

I had to get a job (for the money) and luckily got a marketing job which included graphic design but it is too much marketing and not teaching me anything so i want to get a graphic design role.

I knew this over a year ago when i got the job so i also signed up to do a HND in Graphic design to boost my CV. I am now coming up to finish the HND and i will be looking for a Graphics role at an agency (if i am lucky).

I am passionate about this and i really am hoping i find something. I have lots to learn and i am not the complete package but i think i have a mixture of experience that will help me and hopefully will be a success somewhere.

Sorry for boring everyone to tears :icon_crying: it would be nice to hear off people who have maybe done the same or anyone who wants to comment.

Be nice to hear off anyone. :icon_biggrin:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hi there

Welcome to the Graphic Design Forums, good to have you here.

Cheers

Damon