Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everybody.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by darrenalawi, Dec 9, 2008.

1. darrenalawi

darrenalawi Junior Member

My name is Darren Alawi I am designer from Manchester in the UK.

How awkward are these introduction posts? You have to write about yourself and say how wonderful you are. I will keep it brief, I am a web and brand designer, love designing, love branding, I have been doing it for about 8 years and I am confident in what I know. I look forward to being part of design forums.

To find out more about me head over to my site and feel free to get in touch.
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Darren,

Welcome to Design Forums, there's nothing awkward about the introduction post itself, what's more awkward must be reading my replies trying to glean more information from new members :D the thing is I am genuinely interested! So here it goes... what's your background Darren? Did you go to University or take the self-taught route? Did you start off freelancing 8 years ago or did you work in an agency?

Just read your Designing for Christmas blog post, it's so true! I've been thinking of adding some subtle Christmas touch to the Design Forums logo, but having tried a few attempts I've not been convinced!

3. darrenalawi

darrenalawi Junior Member

I have been designing for my own business as well as being employed for about 8 years.

I have always had an interest in design, from school really, spending too much time drawing when I was supposed to be listening. I went straight into working from college. I guess I have been lucky because a lot of my projects have been so varied I have had the opportunity to see how branding and design works in different industries.

It is more difficult than people think (designing for Xmas), like you said, sometimes it just doesn't look right.
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Sounds good Darren, looks like you've had an interesting and exciting career so far :)

I like the style of writing you have in your blog, just spent the last 15 minutes reading through some of your older posts, look forward to hearing more from you around the forums.

5. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Welcome mate.

Really liking the 'da' icon/logo. Nice work.
  6. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Darren!