Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by hewerdesigns, Feb 4, 2013.

1. hewerdesigns

hewerdesigns New Member

I am a new graphic designer in Hertfordshire who has recently decided to try and make some money from what was previously a hobby. I am entirely self-taught (which to you seasoned pros will surely be obvious from my work!) unless you count a GCSE which I completed in... 1997!

I have joined this forum in order to learn more about the field of design, in order to both improve my work and enable me to produce designs that are useful to my clients, in particular that are suitable for professional printing.

I make no claims about my ability, however several people have approached me on the strength of my (still small) portfolio, so I guess I'm doing something right!

Ultimately I hope to use this forum as a tool in my self-teaching, so I may continue to evolve and improve in my new career.
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the GDF.

3. theposterprinter

theposterprinter New Member

Welcome :) Any links to some of your work?
  4. hewerdesigns

hewerdesigns New Member

You can see my half-built website at (the home page of which shows the cake topper I made for my wedding last year) and my Etsy shop at

As I said, I have a lot to learn. But here I am, ready and willing.
  5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
  7. MJ96

MJ96 Member

Welcome to the forum :icon_smile:
  8. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, welcome to the forum.