Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by rm designs, Sep 1, 2014.

1. rm designs

rm designs New Member

Howdy fellow creatives ...

hello from northwest UK.

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums :tea:
  3. rm designs

rm designs New Member

hello, if you don't mind me asking ... whats the best process for gaining freelance work through this site & sorting out payment? With my current position i usually ask clients to sign a purchase order before i start working. But can understand a client not wanting to part with cash before they see the goods....
  4. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

You can keep an eye on the Tenders & Services Required Forum: forum and put in your tender to people who make requests.

Add a small tag line to your signature with a link to your portfolio if you like.

Most importantly - be active on the forums and provide help, knowledge, write about what you know.

Sorting out payment - you can liaise with the client in a private manner through PMs as to what's the best way to get payment, paypal, direct bank transfer, cheque?

Regards to payment - I ask for 50% up front and only give final files when the other 50% is in the account. 50% covers time spent developing the ideas and samples, the other 50% goes towards finishing the project. This ensures that if they pull out after you've spent time working on their project at least you have some payment.
  5. rm designs

rm designs New Member

Thats a great help, thanks very much. I am a graphic designer that has branched into vehicle wrapping (like the sky vans) but am now looking to increase my freelance graphic design work as seem to be drifting away from it. I will gladly help others where I can. I have a rough foundation of a website but needs a lot of attention before I start putting it about.

Again thanks for the advice..
  6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the GDF, please spread the word and get stuck in :icon_smile:
  7. PrintME

PrintME Member

Welcome :icon_smile: