Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all - looking for advice and opinions on website

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Bluelight, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Bluelight

Bluelight Junior Member

Hi all,

I'm just starting off in the freelance web design world, and am looking for advice and opinions.

First up, I would love to get some feedback on the website, Bluelight Solutions.

How do you rate it? What can be improved? I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Thanks to all in advance, and looking forward to your feedback! :)
  2. sthomas

sthomas Member

Not a bad first effort but I think there are definitely some areas to improve:

1. Lack of images - as a designer, you need to show visitors what you can do
    2. I'm not keen on the logo - the curved line doesn't work and looks like you're spelling solutions with a 'j'
    3. The navigation is not is the ideal position - it needs to be at the top of the page (or on the left-hand side of the page)
    4. The home page image is not very good - it doesn't really say web design to me
    5. You need to think about adding H1, H2 etc etc tags to your body copy - there's no hierarchy at the moment so everything looks a bit flat.

Sorry to be harsh - hope my feedback helps in some way
  3. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

I think you should get rid of the hover page change and use the standard click to go to another page. Also, show some of your work and have variation on the pages rather than just one image reloading on each one.