Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All from Downunder

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by lacedrabbit, Oct 31, 2008.

1. lacedrabbit

lacedrabbit Junior Member

Hi There,

Jacob Cass from justcreative recomended this forum through his twitter post, and I thought Id check it out, ive got a bad record in sticking to forum sites, but this is probably the most interesting Ive seen so far.

Im graphic arts student in Australia, and the UK thing interests me, I don't know really anything about the UK market, and I think this will be a great way for me to learn, so if you all are happy with me being here, I think I will be happy here.

Hope your having a good day!
    lacedrabbit

2. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Welcome and thank for the compliments, Greg has done a good job of making this forum look a lot better than most.

Look forward to having input from somewhere other than the UK or US.

3. Mike

Mike Senior Member

Welcome to the forums!

Hows things down under in the current financial climate? being felt there too?

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome to Design Forums lacedrabbit!
    I think we picked up a few new members/visitors off the back of Jacobs tweet yesterday, so that's great to hear :)

I hope you do have the chance to stick around as I'm sure your input from down under would be very interesting, where abouts in Australia are you from? I've seen some amazing sites for Australian design agencies, is the "creative buzz" limited to a few cities?

Greg

5. craigfarrall

craigfarrall Member

Welcome to Design Forums, I am the same as you, notice the tweet by Jacob and I also joined because of that.

6. lacedrabbit

Thank You, I hope my input is helpful.

Financial Climate, from what I read everything is OK, we felt the pinch from the US, but our governement is really stepping in and helping out, from what the prime minister has said, its going to be rough seas, but we got a steady ship or something along those lines.

Is the design industry, well, being a student I havn't really been out there in it.. yet,, but at a guess it would be like most buisness and the finnancial climate, I have some industry hours to do next year as a part of my requirements, so hopefully I will know more then..

Paul

7. lacedrabbit

Well there's no denying it, Australia isn't exactly overly populated like some of the bigger countries, but I believe that would be the only reason, there would be a buzz in the capital cities, purely a population thing..

But I gotta say from what I know so far, Melbourne has definatley got cultural aspects that seem to be radiating more then other capitals like sydney, canberra.. But hey, Im Victorian as well.. same state as Melbourne, so I guess I am a little biased (spelling)

Paul

8. anthonywoods

anthonywoods Junior Member

Welcome lacedrabbit and glad to have you posting around here!

9. Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be to discuss all design matters.