hi all, another URGENT export to pdf / bleeds HELP :)

pecchi17

hi all,

thank you last week for your help, im just looking for one last piece of advice in regards to a final interview i have. in the original brief i received - section added as a image below.

it says 5mm bleed to be included all around the document but with no crop marks or reg marks.

below is part of a email detailing requirements for my final test brief... can someone clear up for me what is meant by the bleed comment in this.

I cannot stress enough how important attention to detail is, creatively and technically.... others had such problems as: low res images, rgb elements, fonts not supplied or converted to outlines; and no bleed or white bleed all round (which defeats the purpose).

- in terms of the bleed this is what i was going to do as i know im ok on all other accounts :)
file, export, marks and bleeds click on bleed marks and in the lower section make it a 5mm bleed.

i just want to make double sure though because when the pdf is open there is still the marks to show the end of the bleed section....is this what they are looking for?

pretty simple but i just want to make sure.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-24 at 09.34.10.png
    Screen shot 2010-05-24 at 09.34.10.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 18
thats what I thought.. Unless they know the exact size... still seems very strange :confused:

just to fill you in, they will know the exact size as its in house design for a company who do advertising on the side of buses etc, they have a frame that the artwork fits into?

pecchi17 said:
just to fill you in, they will know the exact size as its in house design for a company who do advertising on the side of buses etc, they have a frame that the artwork fits into?

Sounds like the bleed is to cover the width of the frame then, so yes no crop marks makes sense as it won't actually be cut to size, but be covered by the frame :up:

hi all, again i just wanted to ask if what i'm doing is right taking into account what i've said before.

do you think they want me to -
file, export, marks and bleeds click on bleed marks and in the lower section make it a 5mm bleed all round.

OR

just click on the 5mm bleed all round at the bottom section of marks and bleeds, leaving all the top half selections unchecked??

thanks, i hope someone can help :)

Sounds just like use a 5mm bleed so add a 5mm bleed to your doc and make sure your image/background colour stretches out to the bleed. When exporting just uncheck all crop marks, but check use document bleed settings

Back