Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey ho.....

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Samcan, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Samcan

Samcan New Member

Hey peeps...

Just thought I'd say hi. Currently have one month left of my college degree in GF and stressed out bigtime..so I hope you wont mind the odd panicky thread :)

This place seems more..friendly, is all I can regarding other GF forums I'm apart of.

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hey Sam

A warm welcome to the Graphic Design Forums.

I agree that some of the other design forums seem to be VERY clique and some of the users are quite harsh in their views in my opinion, we're a friendly bunch so you have nothing to worry about here :icon_smile:

3. Samcan

Samcan New Member

Thats a relief, it gets to the stage where by you feel like you dont want to post your work up as they'll hate it no matter how good it is!

although I am wondering why one of my posts disppeared earlier...posted it in the wrong section maybe? :(

4. Stationery Direct

5. Samcan

Samcan New Member

Ohhh I know BOSS, I wont mention the other GF forum Im a member of, but they often dont care how rude they come across...I'm well used to it by now.

The post I was referring to was posted in the logo forum, about what people thought a logo should be represented by, actual imagery of the product or just symbolic imagery of the logo, but now it seems to have disappeared?..

I didnt leave the page when I posted it..I came back to the page an hit refresh, with a message saying this post does not exist...something of that effect... :icon_confused:

6. Stationery Direct

7. Pete

Pete Member

Hi Sam, welcome along.

I know what you mean about other design forums, people seem to be too quick to critisize but when it comes to their own work, they don't seem to have anything to show. I figured that they just talk themselves up to seem like pro's.

Boss, every now and again I'll follow a tweet back here and I'm met with an error page. This is the tweet that links to the thread Sam's referring to:

Logo solutions, literal or symbolic meanings?: I've always wondered this, and I dont think there is a proper ans.. http://tinyurl.com/ccro35

8. Samcan

Samcan New Member

ahhh, thanks Pete!

Yea, I remember definantly posting it..

I thought It would make a good discussion as it would help me with my current project.

Its so funny you mention that Pete as there was one individual who I wasnt too fond of, he thought he was the dogs ****** , and then I saw his website...I left with a satisfied smile on my face :icon_biggrin:

9. Stationery Direct

Hey Pete

The reason that is (most the time) is because the user has posted in the wrong section, Twitterfeed picks up on the initial post URL and when we have moved it nothing is left.

I will from now on leave a permanent re-direct to moved threads which will sort this.

With regards to Sam's post I'm not sure what to say, fancy typing it all out again? :icon_biggrin:

10. Samcan

Samcan New Member

No problem Boss,

I posted it in another forum, so I can just copy and paste :icon_wink:

11. dot design

dot design Member

We like to think there is only constructive critism here! Rather than non helpful blasting!