Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Guys, Help!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by LNDesign, Jan 30, 2012.

1. LNDesign

LNDesign Junior Member

Hey Guys,

I'm Laura,

i'm currently studying graphic design at staffordshire university, not sure what discipline i want to go in yet just trying everything,

For one of my modules i need to write an essay on the graphic industry and case studies of what people do on a daily basis and how they got into it.

What is required to enter and work in the industry; i.e. technical skills, industry knowledge, experiences, qualifications, contacts, ideas, abilities, commitment, enthusiasm, determination, communication skills.

If anyone could tell me there experience of working in graphics i would greatly appreciate it,

Thanks

Laura

2. welcome to the forum

3. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

welcome to DF

4. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hi Laura, Shouldn't you already know a lot of these answers? and perhaps more importantly why isn't your course or course tutor teaching you this information?

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Hello. Sunburn has a point...

6. LNDesign

LNDesign Junior Member

Hey guys,

Ye put I need other designers point of view, How they got into design, what they expected and how it actually is,

Just different case studies to put into my essay

Thanks

Laura

7. balders

balders Member

I studied graphic design at Staffordshire univ, is Colin Chambers still there?

8. LNDesign

LNDesign Junior Member

Hey,

Na his not,

9. LNDesign

LNDesign Junior Member

I have already email alot of companies and designers but to no response, this is why i am trying this forum,

I think the essay is asking for other peoples experience of entering into the design industry to give me an insight to what i will be going through in a few years time.

Ok i will try a survey,

What is the most important skill you need to be a graphic designer?