Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey forum! :)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by CharismaticMannequin, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Hey guys and gals!

Ben here. :icon_smile:

I guess this is the perfect time to tell you a little about myself. I've just turned 18, and am heading BACK to 6th form college (yes, BACK :icon_hide: ) to study Art & Design. This will consist of Fine Art (the compulsory bit), and Graphic Design and Photography, which where the bits I got to choose.
    I recently decided on a career change, and when I say recently, I really mean 6-8 months ago. I finished my second year at college, and enrolled back at a new one. In regards to art and design itself, I have ZILCH experience in fine art; that means little drawing or painting skill.

However, I am semi-okay at graphic design and photography. I love doing both, and I possess both Creative Suite 5.5 (flashy!) and also a Nikon DSLR camera (D80 for anyone whose wondering).

As for current employment, I'm working on becoming an online freelance content writer; Basically, I'll be writing for people's blogs, websites, e-books, reports, ANYTHING they need written essentially.

I come from the East Midlands, Leicester, and my plan is to finish this art and design course, then do the art foundation, and go from there.

The reason I decided to join this forum is because I want to learn every single day, so that I can develop into the best Graphic Designer that I can be. Learning from people who have been doing it for years, is a great way to do so.
    Now, I already have TONS of bookmarks to tutorials etc, and have a Graphic Design guide by a site named PSDTuts, which looks promising, which I'll be checking out soon.

So anyway, there's a little about me, and basically hello everyone! :icon_biggrin:

Can't wait to really get into all this. :)

Ben

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Ben.

3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hey Ben

Welcome to the GDF.

Cheers

Damon

4. taklamakan

taklamakan New Member