Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey forum! :)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by CharismaticMannequin, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Hey guys and gals!

Ben here. :icon_smile:

I guess this is the perfect time to tell you a little about myself. I've just turned 18, and am heading BACK to 6th form college (yes, BACK :icon_hide: ) to study Art & Design. This will consist of Fine Art (the compulsory bit), and Graphic Design and Photography, which where the bits I got to choose.
    I recently decided on a career change, and when I say recently, I really mean 6-8 months ago. I finished my second year at college, and enrolled back at a new one. In regards to art and design itself, I have ZILCH experience in fine art; that means little drawing or painting skill.

However, I am semi-okay at graphic design and photography. I love doing both, and I possess both Creative Suite 5.5 (flashy!) and also a Nikon DSLR camera (D80 for anyone whose wondering).

As for current employment, I'm working on becoming an online freelance content writer; Basically, I'll be writing for people's blogs, websites, e-books, reports, ANYTHING they need written essentially.

I come from the East Midlands, Leicester, and my plan is to finish this art and design course, then do the art foundation, and go from there.

The reason I decided to join this forum is because I want to learn every single day, so that I can develop into the best Graphic Designer that I can be. Learning from people who have been doing it for years, is a great way to do so.
    Now, I already have TONS of bookmarks to tutorials etc, and have a Graphic Design guide by a site named PSDTuts, which looks promising, which I'll be checking out soon.

So anyway, there's a little about me, and basically hello everyone! :icon_biggrin:

Can't wait to really get into all this. :)

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Ben.
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hey Ben

Welcome to the GDF.

4. taklamakan

taklamakan New Member

Welcome, I am Rob, Nice to see you here