Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hexagon-shape trend

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Dafni, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Dafni

Dafni New Member

Hi to all!
    I’m keen on different web-design trends, but I’m a newbie in making sites. So tell please your opinion. Would it be difficult for beginner to make something like in this article?

2. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Hey Dafni - I think that it would be quite easy to do something like that within a design software (ps/id/ai) although I am not too sure how complex it would be with web and responsiveness. Sometimes, objects that are not straight lined (ie: circles / photos etc) can be tricky to use, but i'm not the expert in web, maybe someone else will be more helpful!

Also, it depends on your skills ;)

3. Robert Stott

Robert Stott Member

Hi there,

I don't know how much of a newbie you are, but I'd suggest those sites are quite fiddly to make. I imagine they use either Flash (which should ring alarm bells - not everyone has Flash, especially mobile users) or HTML5 which might be too much too soon for you if you really are a newbie.

They may look kind of cool but in my personal opinion they're awkward to use. I think you could make something much more effective, much easier. Like I say, just my personal opinion... I've been known to be wrong! ;-)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

First off welcome to the forum Dafni and unfortunately I need to put my moderator cap on now.....

Moderator Post

I have deleted several of your 'new threads' as they were purely for promoting the same site you have linked here. This site has no follow on all links so you will not see any seo benefit from spamming the forum with links.

I have not blocked you for spam as I believe you can become another valued member of the forum by joining in with other topics and threads. If you continue to just post links to your site I will block you from posting.

However a link to the homepage of your site in your signature is perfectly acceptable and I would recommend you take this approach instead as it will appear with all of your posts.