Helvetica - The Movie

I like it. I can't see it being something you'd watch more than once or twice though (it's not come out of its case a second time since I got it).

Everyone I speak to about this film says its pretty good.

Depends how deep your interest in fonts runs.

I loved it, and saw it twice. However, my design background has very little in regard to history so I lap up all I can.

On a semi-related note, if you are a fan of the typeface and use Google Reader you may enjoy Helvetireader

Good film - sorry great film - saw it at the Newcastle showing last December - Mr Build was in attendance which was nice. Not all pro helvetica either - which wasn't expected.

Gary Huswits new film (which aint Avant Garde - much to my disapointment) Objectified is on the way next. Don't think the Empire has that on general release mind.

http://www.objectifiedfilm.com/

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but a few month's back I did watch (well, caught the back end of) a programme/film about Helvetica. I believe it was on BBC.
Was very interesting though!

blueocto said:
I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but a few month's back I did watch (well, caught the back end of) a programme/film about Helvetica. I believe it was on BBC.
Was very interesting though!

Yeah that was Alan Yentobs show - forget the name - they did an edited down version of the film. Doubt the vast majority of most Sunday night 10pm viewers found it that compelling mind -

"ere wor Bob look at that kerning...its propa good like"

samantha said:
I loved it, and saw it twice. However, my design background has very little in regard to history so I lap up all I can.

On a semi-related note, if you are a fan of the typeface and use Google Reader you may enjoy Helvetireader
Is that Mac only, and if not, how on earth do I use it?

Cheers :up:

Cheers Samantha.

I saw that, clicked the 'Install as a userscript' part and it loaded some code, but I've no idea where to place said code to get it to work. Any ideas? :)

Back