• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Helvetica Moleskine :)

Harry

I posted this in the Happy Thread but thought I'd show off in a new thread too :p

Suze (my girlfriend) bought me one of these limited edition Moleskines totally out of the blue. There are only 500 in the world and I have one :D

I got the red one :D
I already have a regular Moleskine (if you don't have one, get one. Now!) but what should I do with this one, if anything? It has to be a really amazing idea :)

tim

v stupid and irrelevant idea but a photo scrapbook of all the fonts you see out and about that you like/are nicely built upon?

C

chrismitchell

I personally would use it as a recipe book, but thats just me :)

alternatively :) you could not use it for anything and keep it for prosperity :) LOL

C

chrismitchell

Its a type of notebook, but an expensive fancy notebook :) the cover of which is made from Moleskin so its all soft and stuff.. not leathery :)

Renniks

I also would like to comment that I don't want a moleskine as I'd be too worried of putting a bad idea in (or messing up something I was drawing) so might get a cheap alternative haha

Harry

charles said:
Am I missing something. it just looks like a notebook to me...

Is moleskin a type of notebook or something?
They're an expensive type of really high quality notebook :D

chrismitchell said:
Its a type of notebook, but an expensive fancy notebook :) the cover of which is made from Moleskin so its all soft and stuff.. not leathery :)
This however isn't true :p They're hard, leathery backed.
Moleskin and Moleskine are two totally separate things ;)

Harry

I think the thing with the Moleskine is you have to hold/see/use one to appreciate them fully. Just such good quality, really nice to use and they look really smart.

Harry said:
I think the thing with the Moleskine is you have to hold/see/use one to appreciate them fully. Just such good quality, really nice to use and they look really smart.
Great way to describe them. I used to think "meh" notebook. But I bought a moleskine as a 'treat' when I was feeling rubbish, and I love mine. Lovely red one (sadly not a Helvetica one... I'd never be able to bring myself to make a mark in it). I take it with me everywhere, great size, fits in my bag, nice to sketch/write in and durable.

But they're a personal preference me thinks.

allyally2k

I have never had one of these. Hmmm I want one now though! Will put it on the 'ol xmas list! Is that Helvetica one blank inside Harry?