Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

helpful (but obvious) article

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Jul 4, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

i found this today via stumbleupon.

very helpful especially for me... or maybe just me.

2. talk about point out the blatently obvious :p
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah for half-experienced people.

i wish i'd have come across this ages ago though, half of this i never knew.

like #1. my first client (a complete tosser) didn't sign a contract (as we *were* friends). fail
  4. ahh yes... I guess my HND was a different course to other design based ones.. as I had to run my own business for 2 years while I was there as part of the course... :)
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

wow, i've been looking for a HND for months.
  6. I went to Farnborough College of Technology.. admittedly it was almost 10 years ago now that I finished there :p
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

lol okay cool i'll check it out.

i'm sure this post could just be deletedo.
  8. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Chris you went to Farnborough College of Technology???

I live in Camberley, formerly Mytchett.... Small world!

I presume you not local now?!
  9. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Sorry for the tangent Tim, all good points and although obvious are worth remembering sometimes your too close to the wood to see the trees
  10. Nope not any more.. I used to live in Woking, then moved to New Zealand in 2002, was there for 5 years then came back to Woking then got a job and moved to London with my now fiance :) now planning on moving to Milton Keynes before our wedding :) i've moved around a bit :p

I know Mychett very well, used to travel through it between Woking and Farnborough (and North Camp :p LOL) Did you ever go to a greasy spoon in North Camp called Checkers? They did the best fry up for £3.00 was great on a Sunday morning LOL
  11. Oh and Timbo, I don't know if they still do my course anymore at Farnborough.. but it is a decent design college.. has its own TV studio and all sorts.. I did my university radio stuff there too :)

If you've ever heard of a Radio 1 DJ, Annie Mac, I used to live in a house share with her, she went to Farnborough College of Technology with me and she did the Radio HND :) LOL
  12. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

hmmm used to be a saturday morning thing for a while to go to a greasy cafe in North Camp but noooo idea what it was called!

Sounds good!

Like the Widdlers Wee site by the way! Good luck with making the dream happen! :)
  13. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

...ahh was Rushmoor cafe we used to goto I think....
  14. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I'll buy you a few beers from time to time if you end up being local tim...

Although if it was me (haven't done a design course - did music then been self taught in design) I would go to Falmouth uni! the course seems awesome and its a really cool place...

I did find a course I really wanted to do in New Zealand before though!
  15. bloody hell the Rushmoor Cafe.. I thought that place got closed down??

Checkers was a greasy spoon with no toilet.. I remember it vividly.. if you needed to go, the owner suggested taking a pee down the alley behind it LOL he was a crazy chinese guy and his young wife who was as bonkers as him!

Thanks for the good luck with Widdlers Wee :) Natalie and I are working towards our own Small Hold, hopefully in about 7 years or so, with pigs and chickens and loads of stuff like that :) fun fun fun :D (you wouldn't happen to be good with CSS and HTML and be willing to help out with a theme i'm trying to make for it... my CSS is poo :lol: )
  16. I used to teach Design for Print in New Zealand. In the Auckland campus of the Design College. Mainly out of frustration that no Designers in New Zealand knew how to layup for print :mad:
  17. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Ha no toilet! "just lose the ally son" - brilliant!

Teaching in New Zealand sounds cool! My girlfriend has mentioned moving to Oz for a bit and I'm led to believe I could do relatively well with design out there....

I am pretty good with html/css and to an extent jquery (mainly knowing what can be done and using open source plugins than coding it myself on the jquery front) and pretty good with wordpress...

I'd be happy to help! just let me know what you'd like help with and I'll do what I can for your good cause!
  18. you're a star mate :D I'll send you an email tomorrow about it :) its just that my basic HTML and CSS skills suck so much.. but I know enough about Wordpress to set the correct areas etc :) Thats very kind of you to help :D

Oz is a strange place, i've known a few people who've moved out there... Design wise, i'm sure there are a couple of Ozzy Designers here who can point you in the right direction about working out there :)
  19. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

No worries Chris, look forward to your mail tomorrow I don't know how much I'll be around the mac tomo but I'll get back to you soon as I can on it! - I like working on/helping with things I'm interested in!
  20. thats awesome :D I'll probably either use your online email form or just through DF :D

Damn I feel bad for Timbo :p this was his thread :p :lol: