Help with Motion Design Dissertation

DoStuffJosh

So for the last couple months I have been working on collecting information on my up coming dissertation, my topic will be *something* to do with Motion Design - and that's the problem, I'm not 100% sure and the amount of information I have read has just made my mind melt. Some of the ideas for possible topics I have so far -

• How have contemporary title sequences been influenced by the past? Looking at how technology has advanced and how this has affected trends.
  • How has motion design affected type?
  • How has motion design affected film/cinema?

These are just a few of the questions I have come up with, the first one sounding the most developed.

The problems is, they seem very broad, my tutor keeps saying their quite bored, I'm not totally sure where to go from here? How can I narrow these topics down to make for an interesting dissertation.

Another problem that I have encountered, is there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of written material to read and learn from, compared to tradition graphic design methods.
Can anybody recommend any books/interviews/case studies/articles full of information relating to motion design - or any that may be useful to my dissertation topic in general?

Thanks for any help! :)

Back