Help Please!

GibbonIt

Sorry, you may have already gathered that I am hopeless in the design field.
I have bought a template for my new site for wordpress.
I have html, css, php files etc.
I am sure it is very simple:
What do I do now to edit it and get it live??!!
Sorry for my inexperience.

Ben

Not meaning to sound rude here. There is a VAST ARRAY of information out there on Google. WordPress is very simple to install. Google it and all will be revealed.
Whilst forums are here to help, you can't just ask anything and everything without doing a bit of research yourself. You won't ever really learn to be self sufficient that way.

I have googled and watched various youtube videos, but wondered if anyone had a step by step method to be easier to understand.

1. Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
  2. Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
  3. Select Install Themes.
  4. Use the sub-menu or the Search or Filter options to locate a Theme you would like to use.
  5. Click on the Preview link to preview the Theme or the Install link to upload the Theme to your blog.
  6. Use the Upload link in the top sub-menu to upload a zipped copy of a Theme that you have previously downloaded to your machine.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes

One would think, but doesn't hurt to have the official documentation to hand for people who haven't got that spark ;)

Some times it's just easier to pay a professional to do their job, Gibbon. I can see that your budget might be a bit stretched, but if it's that bad perhaps you shouldn't be looking to launch your company right now?

GibbonIt said:
I don't really understand your problem?
I simply asked a question. Yes, I am new to web design, but I will never learn without help/experience.
but you're trying to get stuff for free from people you've just asked for quotes etc.... can you not see how that is disrespectful....

Did you get sorted Ben? If you want to do it all yourself, then we're all here to help (I think) :)

Back