Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please!

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by GibbonIt, Apr 16, 2013.

1. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

Sorry, you may have already gathered that I am hopeless in the design field.
    I have bought a template for my new site for wordpress.
    I have html, css, php files etc.
    I am sure it is very simple:
    What do I do now to edit it and get it live??!!
    Sorry for my inexperience.

Ben

2. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

Not meaning to sound rude here. There is a VAST ARRAY of information out there on Google. WordPress is very simple to install. Google it and all will be revealed.
    Whilst forums are here to help, you can't just ask anything and everything without doing a bit of research yourself. You won't ever really learn to be self sufficient that way.

3. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

I have googled and watched various youtube videos, but wondered if anyone had a step by step method to be easier to understand.

4. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes

5. The Simulator

We're not that advanced yet Jimmy.
    he's not actually installed WP as of yet i don't think.

6. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

Oh bugger me
    Well, as my father used to say RTFM!

7. The Simulator

Unless it's IKEA furniture. Then guesswork is the way to go.

8. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

One would think, but doesn't hurt to have the official documentation to hand for people who haven't got that spark ;)

9. Some times it's just easier to pay a professional to do their job, Gibbon. I can see that your budget might be a bit stretched, but if it's that bad perhaps you shouldn't be looking to launch your company right now?

10. GibbonIt

GibbonIt Member

11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

but you're trying to get stuff for free from people you've just asked for quotes etc.... can you not see how that is disrespectful....

12. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Did you get sorted Ben? If you want to do it all yourself, then we're all here to help (I think) :)