help needed with car sticker!

joe_design

Hi,
I'm a starting designer and one of my customers wants a car sticker. The low res version is of course no problem, I'm working with a picture from a picture from the web. But how do I get the exact measurements??? It's quite a big sticker so it needs to be put where the door is etc... How do I do that? And is 72dpi enough for car sticker?
-Joe

Hello I would not use a 72dpi image for print. You can check the size in photoshop - best thing to do is ring up a printers that does stickers and get the spec off them.

Would not is a bit tame. Do not use a 72dpi image especially if you're enlarging it.

What is the image of, if it's a logo you'll want a vector image (ai eps cdr etc) for crispness. If it's a photo request the original

Does your client have the car? Either get them to measure the space on the door, or go and measure it if they're local enough.

You need to set any cut vinyl up at an outlined eps or .ai file. Printed vinyl cut to shape need to have a cutter guide, also in outlines supplied in a separate layer. The image would need to be no less than 110dpi at full production size to get a decent print quality.

There are some guides on our website in the downloads section

:up:

:D
I'm pretty sure you didn't. Been a while since I've been able to post.

I like the fact that we can get competitive about trying to help though!

Krey20 said:
:D
I'm pretty sure you didn't. Been a while since I've been able to post.

I like the fact that we can get competitive about trying to help though!

:D no you're right I didn't , I've not been around for ages either, so just a happy coincidence! Doing our bit for the Big Society :up:

Thanks for the feedback! So the picture is for the side of the car. You can see the person's lower body in sitting position with a laptop on his lap at the driver's seat's door / not the upper body since that will be of the real person in the car through the window. I took the picture already in two parts to make sure that it would be big enough. However, I think it júst might get to 100 dpi to have it big enough... hmm... Need to check that... Everything else is done in vector so that won't be a problem. But thanks, this helps me a lot.

Back