help needed to enlarge print

mumplum

You probably have never been asked this before. I have downloaded a printable pattern to do a cross stitch, the problem i am having is although it is to make an 8in sq pattern it is printing to small for me to be able to read it. The document is protected so it cannot be altered in anyway I only have a basic printer for home use. Could someone PLEASE HELP by telling me how to enlarge the print have to have this finished in less than a week.
Thanks
Plumx

You can surely enlarge it by taking a screen grab and then enlarging the image in photoshop. (Asuming that you don't need to use the printed copy for anything other than as a rough guide.

If the image is so bad that you can't see where you need to stitch then it may be worth having someone with professional software re-create the pattern for you or try and 'live trace' the existing pattern to see if it can automatically be transformed into a vector (Scaleable Graphic).

If you do require help on this then we'd be more than happy to help. Just drop us an email to [email protected]

It is quite a common problem, people having images they want to enlarge. Assuming quality of the image isn't an issue the above comment about taking a screen grab is valid, but if it is so small that this will not yield good enough results for you to do your cross stitch then it may be a case of getting someone to convert it.

If you like you could send the file over to me and i could take a look at it for you to see if there is anything that can be done without paying someone?

Back