Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me a bit!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Aug 25, 2009.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Right doing a myspace for a client, he doesn't want to use myspace because the audio quality is too low.

Oh brethren of DF, what are my options?

I know Reverb Nation have a pop out player, as do several other sites, I kinda want to avoid building a flash player as it will inevitably involve trusting a complete technophobe not to ruin it!

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

if its the myspace media player thingy then isn't that there to prevent the tracks being downloaded (unless theres a link). Iirc it streams the music so the quliaty is going to be as good as the mp3 (etc) which its linked to, although having said that I don't personally think the sound quality is that bad.

As to another option theres premiumbeat's media player (not sure if it works with myspace - don't see why not though plus its free) which I've seen used on some blogs which is pretty good quality - I've sent a pm with a link to a site using it as the site isn't quite legal.

3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

this is a defo good start, if they can have it in a pop out player I dont see why I couldn't table (yes I said table!!) it in to a myspace layout

4. Levi

cool, I only remembered it as it annoys the hell out of me as it auto starts :)

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I wont send you a link to the finished job!

6. Levi

I don't mind them being on sites but personally I prefer them to be turned off by default and we have to press play :)

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

we'll see how it all comes together!