• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help me a bit!

mrp2049

Right doing a myspace for a client, he doesn't want to use myspace because the audio quality is too low.

Oh brethren of DF, what are my options?

I know Reverb Nation have a pop out player, as do several other sites, I kinda want to avoid building a flash player as it will inevitably involve trusting a complete technophobe not to ruin it!

Levi

Staff member
if its the myspace media player thingy then isn't that there to prevent the tracks being downloaded (unless theres a link). Iirc it streams the music so the quliaty is going to be as good as the mp3 (etc) which its linked to, although having said that I don't personally think the sound quality is that bad.

As to another option theres premiumbeat's media player (not sure if it works with myspace - don't see why not though plus its free) which I've seen used on some blogs which is pretty good quality - I've sent a pm with a link to a site using it as the site isn't quite legal.

mrp2049

this is a defo good start, if they can have it in a pop out player I dont see why I couldn't table (yes I said table!!) it in to a myspace layout

Levi

Staff member
I don't mind them being on sites but personally I prefer them to be turned off by default and we have to press play :)