Help...how do I stop the black lines in Photoshop

Toots91

Hi all,

See the below image. I am doing a look book for a company, and the print ready file is well over 150mb, which is fine. However they need a smaller file for emailing.

When you see the PDF as high res, there are no black lines around the cropped images which is great...however on the email low res version there is...how can I stop this.

I have cropped the images in photoshop, and tried it with both PSD and Tiff files placed into Illustrator. Anyone any good ideas on how to get around it?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Enamore Lookbook problem.jpg
    Enamore Lookbook problem.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 26
no, I do think so...how do you flatten the files in Illustrator?

Thanks,

Sorry I misread the post.

I could be wrong here but it could be that you have the file in illustrator that its happening because youre mixing vector program with bitmap.

Have you tried it completely in photoshop, then flattening it?

Looks like a bad clipping path job to me as it shows a bit on the high res version too - usually when doing a clipping path, you need to click slightly into the image you are clipping to exclude the background completely.

Looks like a bad clipping path job to me as it shows a bit on the high res version too - usually when doing a clipping path, you need to click slightly into the image you are clipping to exclude the background completely.

If Matobo is right then you'll need to redraw the paths.

Another alternative is to make the page up in indesign, save it as a pdf the change it to a jpg in photoshop.

True enough.

Maybe take the image back itno Photoshop, control click to get the selection to the object and contract the selection by 1 or 2 pixels then duplicate the layer (with it still selected) then switch off the original layer, chuck a colour behind it temporarily (on a new layer behind it) and examine the edges in high magnification.

Back