Help critique please, before I give up on this design

XO-8

Hi everyone, I really could do with some feedback on this design, its for a PSD template,
I submitted to a well known place on line! but has been rejected a couple of times now, not sure what else I can do to improve it.

Need some fresh eyes to take a look, maybe some one can see where I'm going wrong!

Any feedback welcome, before I lose patience and bounce it into the recycle bin!

Homepage

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=juzzzymj5zoAbout page

Contact page

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi Dave,

Looking good. I think it's mostly the color scheme letting it down.

Have you considered using more of the lighter blue that you're using in the bottom? The dark blue background in the top looks a bit dull (especially for a creative studio), and the same with the background color of the content boxes. And I really like what you've done with the gradient and the illustration in the bottom so I think more of that kinda thing could liven it up a bit.

The baby pink in the menu looks a bit random, perhaps you could introduce it in other places as well and play with different hues?

Try left aligning the menu and the call to action buttons. Also have a look at the general alignment on the page as it seems a bit inconsistent in some areas.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Soren

Thanks for that, unfortunately I uploaded the wrong screen shot, the menu has been changed and left aligned. Interesting comment about the baby pink in the menu though, on my screen it's grey, I've looked on another monitor and I can see a slight pink hint, for me the background is not too dark either, I think you are right and the colours need looking at for a start.

it just seems really dark to me, too dark.

and there's a lot of space not being used very well. I love white space, but when it helps the design. It seems you've thought... here's my box but i can't fill it, i'll just centre the text in the middle... done.

Content is key with web. get something interesting to say, add some key features, show off a little bit.

If you're struggling a little check out some web design blogs for some great layouts and inspiration. Look at websites you love and figure out why you love them.

Then start again, forget tweaking

i agree... it seems to be a bit dark. i think liven it up a bit. comments on layout can go on forever as it's so opinionated, but coming up with a better colour scheme should be a good start...

all the best

I agree about the colour scheme. That plus the night sky makes me want to go sleepy-byes. I reckon a lighter colour scheme would freshen things up a bit.

Thank to everyone who took the time to give some feedback, some interesting comments to work with, thanks,

I like the night theme, or at least the footer. If you really want the site to be accepted, make both a day and night theme and include a style switcher —*or maybe even have it change dynamically depending on the time.

Back