Help choosing a font

Helen

I have created a logo for a client, but am struggling to find a suitable font that I havent used before. I really need to find myself some new fonts! I have searched dafont etc, but havent yet seen anything I like, so could do with a fresh eye.

Can anyone make any suggestions..... pweeeease!

EDIT: for some reason the img wont work..... but the logo can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/33066408@N07/4888348929/

Try Arial, or something simple... the font atm looks too clip arty/cartoony need a nice clean font! :)

Baskerville Old Face looks nice

Hi Helen, I've recently been looking at nothing but fonts for a few days, to get a match for my own logo so may know your feeling. I think the font you used (is it Cooper Black?) goes well with the bubbles and overall cursiveness of your graphic so I think it works, but it is a common font so something similar but not as common?

Don't know if you use myfonts.com for help in selecting a font but it helped me as they have a font-match facility Cooper Black EFâ„¢ font family « MyFonts just on the right, it shows over 1,000 matches so it might help.

just had a quick look at some of the matches, some are terrible but there should be plenty that will work. There's one called Jellybrush that apparently is good for use on Pet food & accessories?

Hi Helen,

What About Coquette from Mark Simonson? It's quirky, retains interest and would still look good when used without your logo...

Good luck,

Scott

DO NOT try Arial. It's the default font on Microsoft Word. If you want that kind of font, use Helvetica. At least that's cut properly and has a decent choice of weights. 'Try Arial'. Jesus.

I have created a logo for a client, but am struggling to find a suitable font that I havent used before.
Have you worked out what you want from your font? Not having used a font before seems a poor reason for choosing one. Looking at your image and the font you have in place, that doesn't work for me, I think because the cartoon is so simple in terms of outline form that the font looks fussy next to it. For example, the dog's head is, essentially a circle with a couple of arcs added for each ear, you could do it with about 4 nodes in a vector graphics program, whereas each of those letters would require I don't know how many. So I would look for a font with simple, clean lines (without scraping the barrel with Ariel) - sthomas's suggestion would work in that way. But the cartoon also has a sort of sixties air to it, you might want to complement that, instead, maybe with the sort of typography you get in sixties comedy film title sequences - there's a "Pink Panther" font you'll find easily by Googling.

Back