Help! Can't get On Mouse Over event to work!

lula

lula

I'm slowly going nuts as I was fairly sure I've done it right... I'm using Dreamweaver and just want to have a separate 300x300px window open when I hover over an area of an image. I've placed the image, made the map area bit (with a # in the link field), selected it, chosen the Open New Browser Window behaviour and filled in the URL, size etc details, chosen the On Mouse Over event, then saved. But when I preview it it doesn't do a thing! If I use the On Click event it works fine... HHhhheeeelllpppppp
:confused:

Greg

Greg

Hi Lula,

I'm not sure that you can do a pop-up window with a mouse over event, and I'm pretty sure it can't be done with a hotspot area, hence why on-click it's working fine. I'm sure something similar could be done with CSS so on rollover a box appears within the existing browser window?

Sure one of the developers will be along to put me right! :)
Greg

lula

lula

Thanks Greg, I will wait for any further comments! Otherwise I will just think of a good reason to tell the client why On Click will be much, much better for them ;-)

Harry

Harry

This is doable in pure CSS. The method you're using seems somewhat botched.

Do you have a budget for outsourcing? I can have this done pretty soon for you if so.

lula

lula

Ha, botched is the word (it's what you get when you let print designers near Dreamweaver)! No budget left really as I'm doing it on a shoe-string already although I might just have to find a meagre offering for you if I want to do this properly. I think you might faint in horror at what you see in the code... I have used CSS though, and I'm trying really hard to do it properly! I will email you via your website in a mo.