Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helloo all!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Ant, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Ant

Ant Member

Hello there, my name is Ant.

I have been doing graphics on and off now for about 10 months. I am totally self taught, and am only 16. So no job within it yet :p.

Anyways, found this site, googling around :)

I love to muck around in photoshop doing web layouts.
    Used to create signatures for forums but see that as pointless now, as how will it help, aha. I also like to take photos too :D.

I really wanna get into Illustrator too, but taking things step by step atm.

Currently trying to make my templates into XHTML / CSS and then into wordpress :p.

PS: Would anyone suggest using wordpress as a CMS?
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

welcome de la forums :D

have you got a portfolio or similar? :)
  3. Becky

Becky Member

4. Welcome to the forum Ant :)
  5. Ant

Ant Member

Yeah i had a portfolio, using GetSimple CMS,, but took it down while i work on a better layout. As you can see i just have a twitter update, thanks to Chris for his code.

Ermm, i'll tell you all when it's done. Just gunna get a new layout done. Code it up, maybe use wordpress. If not use GetSimple again and get a album up there using simpleviewer and flickr. (Found a tut on that somewhere).

Other than that, yeah i got a DA.
    ASketch on deviantART

Thanks for all the welcomes thought!
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Ant from Dudley.
  7. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

Welcome to the site fellow newbie ;)
  8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the foum, Ant! Hope you enjoy it. There's plenty people here who can give you handy software hints and tips.

Haha I used to do those too years back. :p
  9. Ant

Ant Member

Thanks for the welcomes.. again!

I have decided to work more on my web layouts. (Practice, practice, and yeah more practice).

I also wanna get used to using Illustrator, as i know it's a great tool. Vectors, Logos, etc. I would love to be a good logo designer.

Then i will lean more towards the coding side. Rather get the design side down first.

Thanks again! Seems a nice friendly community here!
  10. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Ant,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay! :)
  11. Ant

Ant Member

Thanks Aarlev, i'm sure i will :)
  12. davewill

davewill Senior Member

welcome any, great to have you here
  13. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Welcome aboard Ant. Very impressive that you are already getting a good head start on a career in Graphic design and/or Photography. Being that young you can just create and don't worry about work yet though, for now I would say just have fun with it! I'll see you around the forums.:)
  14. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Hey and welcome to the site.
  15. Ant

Ant Member

Yeah, Rhonda, i have even always loved graphic design. Not so keen on actual art, pen and paper drawing. Well infact, i used to love it until high school and the teachers were just pain in the asses.

I mean, i would look around on freelance websites, but theres no point at the moment. I would rather practice more and more to get my skills :D. But then again, i could always practice by entering something.

We will see ay ;) :D

Thanks for the even more welcomes!
  16. Mohammad

Mohammad Guest

Welcome Ant!

You are very young!
  17. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

18. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Why does your name sound so familiar to me?
    Does 'Next' or 'NYM' say anything to you?
  19. Ant

Ant Member

Onartis. Hmmmm, not as far as i know.

The only other places i'm from are like, FringeFX, Digital-Remix and DA. I don't even really go there anymore, as the places are too busy and i don't get feedback. Whereas here, i get loads of feedback, it's great :D
  20. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

I remember FringeFX. Guy that used to do the graphics for a few vBulletin styles I did spent a bit of time there and I joined up.