• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Helloo all!

Hello there, my name is Ant.

I have been doing graphics on and off now for about 10 months. I am totally self taught, and am only 16. So no job within it yet :p.

Anyways, found this site, googling around :)

I love to muck around in photoshop doing web layouts.
Used to create signatures for forums but see that as pointless now, as how will it help, aha. I also like to take photos too :D.

I really wanna get into Illustrator too, but taking things step by step atm.

Currently trying to make my templates into XHTML / CSS and then into wordpress :p.

PS: Would anyone suggest using wordpress as a CMS?

Yeah i had a portfolio, using GetSimple CMS, graphixant.com, but took it down while i work on a better layout. As you can see i just have a twitter update, thanks to Chris for his code.

Ermm, i'll tell you all when it's done. Just gunna get a new layout done. Code it up, maybe use wordpress. If not use GetSimple again and get a album up there using simpleviewer and flickr. (Found a tut on that somewhere).

Other than that, yeah i got a DA.
ASketch on deviantART

Thanks for all the welcomes thought!

Jimlad

Welcome to the foum, Ant! Hope you enjoy it. There's plenty people here who can give you handy software hints and tips.

Ant said:
Used to create signatures for forums but see that as pointless now, as how will it help, aha.
Haha I used to do those too years back. :p

Thanks for the welcomes.. again!

I have decided to work more on my web layouts. (Practice, practice, and yeah more practice).

I also wanna get used to using Illustrator, as i know it's a great tool. Vectors, Logos, etc. I would love to be a good logo designer.

Then i will lean more towards the coding side. Rather get the design side down first.

Thanks again! Seems a nice friendly community here!

Rhonda

Welcome aboard Ant. Very impressive that you are already getting a good head start on a career in Graphic design and/or Photography. Being that young you can just create and don't worry about work yet though, for now I would say just have fun with it! I'll see you around the forums.:)

Yeah, Rhonda, i have even always loved graphic design. Not so keen on actual art, pen and paper drawing. Well infact, i used to love it until high school and the teachers were just pain in the asses.

I mean, i would look around on freelance websites, but theres no point at the moment. I would rather practice more and more to get my skills :D. But then again, i could always practice by entering something.

We will see ay ;) :D

Thanks for the even more welcomes!

Onartis. Hmmmm, not as far as i know.

The only other places i'm from are like, FringeFX, Digital-Remix and DA. I don't even really go there anymore, as the places are too busy and i don't get feedback. Whereas here, i get loads of feedback, it's great :D

Alex L

Ant said:
Onartis. Hmmmm, not as far as i know.

The only other places i'm from are like, FringeFX, Digital-Remix and DA. I don't even really go there anymore, as the places are too busy and i don't get feedback. Whereas here, i get loads of feedback, it's great :D
I remember FringeFX. Guy that used to do the graphics for a few vBulletin styles I did spent a bit of time there and I joined up.