Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Twr777, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Twr777

Twr777 New Member

Hi
    Im Twr777 from guernsey im only 14 but feel a passion for design.Im doing Graphic design for GCSE.
    Im Planning to be a graphic designer as it is my dream . I have very good computer skills for my age as my dads job is 100% based around IT. Im okish at art but pretty good at computer design like photoshop.

1. Do i need to go to University ? because its getting very expensive.

2. Im not great at hand drawing / free hand do i need this or can i overcome it? Im not rubbish but im not great.

Thanks

Twr777:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

2. Toppers

Toppers Member

You don't necessarily have to be a good draw at all, but it does help with getting initial concepts across. It's something to work at as you can always get better.

No you don't have to go the University. But it will help massively to get a design educations, plenty of colleges offers a vast array of courses. I studied Graphic Design at University but from what i've learnt is that plenty of colleges offer just as good an education.

Welcome to the forums!

3. byronc

byronc Member

If your dedicated you can probably get it all off the net. Some of the best programmers I know are self taught and lack the "moulding" that does on at varsity. in two years you could teach yourself everything you would learn at uni. its just that its cools to have the cert. and also the confidence of doing it with your peers.... - think of it this way - you coulf have three years real experience before your peers get out of uni.