Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Origin81, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Origin81

Origin81 Junior Member

Hello designers!

I've come to seek information from the experienced and/or inexperienced. Well, you can always learn something new from anyone ;)

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Hey peter, welcome aboard :D Hopefully got lots to learn from everyone.... :D

Tell us about you :D

What do you 'design' (or not) :D got a portfolio etc.?
  3. Becky

Becky Member

Welcome :)
  4. Welcome to the forum Peter :)
  5. Origin81

Origin81 Junior Member

Thanks for the warm welcome's!

Well, I became a graphic designer by chance actually!

I originally obtained a Fine Art degree about 8 years ago and could not get anywhere with it (I wish they taught how to make a career with that degree as well) so started temping while still sending my art portfolios around.

I was temping in a warehouse for a small music/DVD marketing company and became pally with some of the office workers and the CEO discovered that I was looking for a job centred on art and offered me one as a designer because their designer was leaving. I was amazed and I felt rescued due to his trust.

Well, I've been there for 4 years now - but I'm thinking about looking for another employer now as my position (and the company) seems to be more unstable.

I don't have any work to show at the moment but I'll add some soon!

I'm actually going to be starting a four year Doctorate course in Counselling & Pyschotherapy soon as well, as over the years I've gradually grown more interested in people.

Hope that wasn't too long for an introduction, and thanks for listening.

Oh yeh - I design covers for CD's and DVD's...and I've produced a few ads here and there.

6. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Awesome, not too long at all, much better to know about someone than not if we can :D

Sounds like you got called in for a good job there, and hopefully can find something else if it stays unstable.

Would be good to see your example pieces some time :D
  7. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome to the forums Peter
  8. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Peter.
    I too worked designing CD/DVD covers and stuff a few years back. I quite enjoyed the work but soon moved on.

Once again welcome.
  9. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome aboard Peter! :)
  10. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF
  11. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Welcome Peter! :)
  12. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member