Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Tom Sound, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hi all,

I'm a graphic designer with a large format print and design company in Teddington Middlesex. We've been running for 3 years and get involved with a large variety of different projects.

Personally I'm slowly teaching myself Dreamweaver and other web techniques slowly updating our company website when I have the time. This looks like a great forum to source information and pick up tips so I thought I'd register!

Obviously I'm more than happy to help with any advice or tips for setting files up for large format printing, vinyl cutting etc.

:up:

2. Hi Tom :) welcome to the forum :)

3. tim

tim Senior Member

welcome tom :)

4. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Thanks very much :D

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

hello and I'm now going to be cheeky :)
    on your website, why do you have a splash page that you need to click to get to the good bits?

6. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

A splash page? Is that the first 'introducing' bit?

7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

yeah the very first page you get to, its kind of redundant and just adds an additional click

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

hello!

large scale printing? sounds like fun!

9. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Hello and welcome! Do you have any plotters at your disposal or suitable printers for plans etc?

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Welcome to DF Tom!
    Had a quick glance at your site, and I'm going to join Levi's cheeky comment by saying splash/intro pages are a bit out-dated, you may actually be losing visitors who just think it's a holding page ;)

Thanks,
    Greg

11. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Ahh OK, I have been wondering about this recently.

Basically it's been there since day 1 as when we set up we didn't have any work produced in house to show so we did a A5 4pp flyer with mainly text about what we are about rather than using photo's of work we hadn't produced. So, the Introducing bit was the front cover and thus became the first page of our site so it all tied in..

Recently I've been thinking that it doesn't really achieve anything and probably doesn't help with the search engine optimisation too. I'm fully aware our site in general needs some work with this optimisation in general :D

12. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hi Brendan, yes we can inkjet print/plot up to 1500mm wide x any length (within reason)

Most pen plotters of old have been replaced by inkjet printers nowadays,

cheers for the welcome :up:

13. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to the forum Tom!

14. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Thanks Aarlev :)

15. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Finally sorted our web site out, thanks very much to Andy Kleeman The Boy Who Cried Fox who made it all possible. Finally got rid of that splash page :D

Oh and thanks to DF as without this place we wouldn't be anywhere near this point.

Hurrah!

Tom :)

www.soundprint.co.uk