Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello people

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by jakelewis1988, Jan 24, 2011.

1. jakelewis1988

jakelewis1988 Junior Member

Hi everyone, I am a freelance web designer I write good good but lack a little on the design side of things. I was hoping that I could get some inspiration from some of you. Here is my new portfolio site: Jake Lewis - Web Designer

Could you please let me know what you think of it and how I could improve it.

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum.

I'm not a web designer, but just looking at your website from an outsider's perspective... I don't think the Orange/Blue/Grey colour scheme works. I also think it would benefit from more time looking at the placement and alignment of the different elements so that they look better together. I assume this is a work in-progress as none of the links go anywhere and everything is Lorem ipsum... get the content before the design.

And I'd lose the drop-shadow on your image. Drop-shadows on photographs look naff more often than not.

But at least you write good good, eh. :p
  3. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

Hi Jake. I have to agree with Jim, how about changing that orange to white, that would definitely work better.