Hello need some help..

Nebojsa

Hello guys,

I need a little bit of help here...

I am a beginner like i started watching tutorials yesterday... and this is becouse i got a job offer that doesnt mind having a beginner...

The problem is this :D they told me ok we understand u are a beginner... go get the programs watch tutorials and learn what u can... and then send us on email your work...

Thing is... i have no idea what they are expecting me to do to send to them :) so i have a little favour to ask you guys here if u dont mind...

I am supposed to be working with photoshop pictures... can any1 here who is experienced... give me some kind of a task... so i can start doing that task... becouse i have no idea what i am actually supposed to make with the pictures ...

In other words i just need a task / a direction... and then i will google and search and play with the photoshop to find a way to make that... you can even leave email for me here so when i done with the task to send it to you for you to grade it sort of speak... Thank you guys i really need this...

Hey Nebojsa,

Welcome to GDF.

Sounds like you need to show you're learning the basics so I'd start there.
One of the fundamentals is understanding "Layers" in Ps which is not rocket science. ;)

Another is clipping an image.
This may be just removing a background and replacing it with something else or just removing it.

Understanding the difference between RGB and CMYK, Image resolution and different file outputs like .JPG .PNG .PSD and so on.

Adjusting the levels in a photograph by correcting the colour, brightness or whatever.

Another great tool is the clone stamp for removing unwanted objects.

The list is endless really and there are many ways to achieve an end result.
If you do a search on Google or YouTube for "Photoshop Basics" then it'll throw up LOADS of tuts.

I think if you can show them a before and after then that would be great for them to see what you've learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for replying Scotty,

Could u give me a task please :) i can do all kinds of things on PS but i have no idea what is actually required from me to do :D i need an assignment :)))

I need a task :)) i was looking for a dance partner and u showed up :D lets dance please :))))))

Thank you in front :D

Sure. :D

I don't want to throw something at you that's too basic.
One task that I and a lot of people have to do is clipping an image from it's background.
It can seem a bit of a chore but it's something you'll need to do reasonably well.

Maybe start with something with a nice clean edge and then go onto something a bit more challenging?

BTW. I'm more of a vector person than a raster so a long way from expert level.

It's a bit laborious but it's one of the most common things I've had to do.

A further step is to clip out a a person, more specifically the hair which is a different ball game and not done the same way.
WELL worth knowing.

Back