Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello im new

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by graphicart, Mar 27, 2015.

1. graphicart

graphicart New Member

Hello everybody I just joined hour site,I am very excited to talk to designers and employers.and would like some information and guidance.

2. graphicart

graphicart New Member

I also wanted to ask people to look at some of my work and give me advice on who would employ me etc like what kind of jobs u would think I qualify for by looking at my work ,and if I need more work added to my portfolio?

3. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member

Hi there, welcome to the community!

We are all happy to advise you on your portfolio, just post your link to get started.

What is your design speciality?

4. graphicart

graphicart New Member

Ok portfolio for what kind of job are u thnking??,yes I do logos and illustrations for clients but want to be employed permanently but not sure what jobs to for vgraphicart's DeviantArt gallery

5. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the GDF

6. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.

Your work is very unique but it's very good.

7. graphicart

graphicart New Member

Thank u

8. joliecarter

joliecarter New Member

HI

Wow! Your work is pretty awesome!

9. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Welcome to the forums!

Quite a unique look.

To me it looks like it could be well suited to posters, night club marketing material - posters, flyers, promo CDs/album art and so forth.

Depending on what else you like to do you could look at marketing/design in that field.

My advise would be to get yourself a proper website, highlight your best work, add an about me section, perhaps write some blog posts and talk about your qualifications, experience and passion.

You could do that well with a Wordpress site with a starter web hosting package.

My advice for the website would be to keep it looking clean and professional - with plenty of white, and let your style come out in your work.

To get work I'd recommend contacting companies - just picking up the phone and asking them if they have roles you'd be interested in available. You could ask for an internship or to see the work they do, offer to get involved for free even to see if it's something you'd like.
    That's a good way to get noticed and get your foot in the door.

Be professional and let your passion and enthusiasm come through.

We'd be happy to help, so feel free to get in touch.

Best of luck

Dan