Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! I'm Jacob.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by CloudGraphics, Nov 27, 2013.

1. CloudGraphics

CloudGraphics New Member

Hello! My name is Jacob and I'm a 14 year old. I'm very enthusiastic about becoming a graphic designer when I'm older. I love working in Photoshop, and other programs, to create small projects (Pretend logos etc). I would be very grateful if you guys could give me any tips, and what it is like to be a 'Graphic Designer' and what to expect etc. You can follow my work on The main thing I am interested in, is how much to charge people for my work.
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hey Jacob

Welcome to the GDF, good to have you here.

3. jooty

jooty Active Member

Ehy there :D
  4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, welcome to the forum.
  5. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Hi Jacob - greetings and welcome.
  6. PoundPig

PoundPig Member

Hi Jacob,

Hats off to you for being 14 and throwing yourself into it at such an early age! I look forward to getting to know you and the types of things you want to learn.

In answer to your question... Figure out your hourly rate and cost things on how long they will on average take +/- admin/traveling/expenses etc...
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  7. Crepston

Crepston Member

Hey Jacob! I was 14 when I first started to play around with Photoshop :)

I think that you should leave the questions about money for later. What you should do now is find the 'branch' that you have talent for, or the one that you like the most, and focus on it. Is it app design? Icon design? Logo, website, print design? Be sure to explore the options available. Focusing on a single one at first is a good idea because you should become an expert in only one field first, and then learn about the other design industries (not the other way around, because most of the times this leads to failure). Also, make sure you work with vectors, I recommend Illustrator.

Good luck!
  8. Sam Cowley

Sam Cowley Member

Hi Jacob,

Welcome to the forums! And hope everything goes well for you in the graphics world! :)