Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I think I need this place...

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Tony, May 18, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony Member

Hoy hoy everyone :)

I'm a Graphic Designer living in the South East of England and graduated from university nearly 2 years ago now! :eek:

Currently looking to set up my own design company and website and would appreciate some guidance.

This forum looks pretty good and I hope I can help as much as I can be helped.
  2. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Tony,

Welcome to DF! I hope you'll find the forums useful.

And good luck with your Business venture!

3. Tony

Tony Member

Cheers mate, I have looked at your site which looks good.

How did you go about setting it up?

Who did you use to host and get the domain?
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

5. Tony

Tony Member

Cool man cheers, I've had a look at that.

Sorry if this sounds a bit noob, but can I just buy a domain, it is then mine and use another company to host?
  6. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Thanks Tony, glad you like it.

I designed the site with Photoshop and used CSS/XHTML to build it. I used Wordpress for the blog, and I'm currently using Web Hosting : Professional Website Hosting from Just Host as my host.

Yep, you can buy a domain and use a different company for hosting no problem.

7. Tony

Tony Member

Thanks again Soren, that is the best price in relation to what you get that I have seen so far:

Unlimited disk space and bandwidth for under £36 per year, pretty good.

Was there any reason that you just used PS and not AI or Dreamweaver?
  8. Welcome to the Forum Tony :)
  9. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I only used AI for the identity. But Site Designs I always create in Photoshop. And the only reason I'm not using Dreamweaver is because I've always just used Notepad (now I use Notepad++) so I just feel more comfortable with that and I haven't really felt a need to use anything else.
  10. Tony

Tony Member

Cheers Chris :up:

Cool Soren, that makes sense.
  11. fantastic little program :D I use this too when at work and Coda at home :D