Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from sunny essex!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by twiggy8520, Nov 7, 2008.

1. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

Thought id say hello to everyone, im paul im a fresh graduate from essex. I work as a freelance graphic designer to fund my hobbies and evenings out. I also make various typefaces in my spare time to fuel my obscene obsession with typography.
  2. berry

berry Active Member

Welcome Paul. what did u graduate in? I love type and typography, love to see your typography. Do you create fonts for Mac? I'd be interested to see some. Always looking for something new to freshen up our work. Welcome aboard.
  3. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

I graduated in BA(hons) Graphic Design, my typefaces are on and they all work on mac, i design on a mac anyway. you can download them in .ttf format. Have a look at squiggles and unremitting they are my favs!
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Design Forums, pleased you could make it along. Your typefaces look great on your site, really like your new experimental 'unremitting' , and squiggles looks cool too - is squiggles the one you have used in your ph logo on the site?

Look forward to hearing more from you.
    Thanks, Greg
  5. Mike

Mike Senior Member

Welcome to the forums Paul
  6. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

Yeah squiggles is the one i used for my logo. Im still tweaking unremitting to make more options available.
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, I thought so and yes I noticed you had a couple in development, do you have a particular piece of software you use to design them?
  8. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Hi Paul welcome to the site.

Nice work on the site mate, really classy.
  9. twiggy8520

twiggy8520 Senior Member

thanks very much i appreciate it! For making my typefaces i use illustrator and fontlab studio. I used to use a x11 based app but the name eludes me and i also have used fontographer too, but im quite comfortable with fontlab now.

I just make the outlines in illustrator because im much quicker than in fontlab, then copy and paste straight into fontlab, nice and easy!