Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Rise Resolution

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by RiseResolution, Dec 29, 2012.

1. RiseResolution

RiseResolution New Member

Hi everyone,

I run Rise Resolution which is a website development studio, or will be soon as we are still in the start-up phase!

I am primarily a programmer and software engineer :crazy:, but have always tried to be a graphic designer also.

I am here to learn more about graphic design as it is something which I personally really enjoy and like thinking about; but I am also open minded about potentially meeting other designers who may one day be able to take over the design side of things at Rise Resolution. :icon_wink:

I am also here to share my knowledge and experience in web development, programming, software engineering and project management. That stuff comes a lot more naturally to me than graphic design, so I figure there may be some of you out there who are the other way around and who are interested in coding websites etc. I am more than happy to help anyone with anything so just ask! :icon_smile:

Come and check out my website and let me know what you think! Feel free to tell me to stick to coding and leave the designing to the experts haha!!

I am looking forward to getting stuck in and getting to know you all,
    Hope you have all had a good christmas!! :thumb:

(Rise Resolution)
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hi Colin

Welcome to the GDF.

RiseResolution likes this.
  3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Hi Colin and welcome to the forum. You are in the same boat as me as far as coding vs graphics is concerned. I have a met a couple of very good designers on this site who pick up a good amount of our design work leaving me free to code and develop.
  4. RiseResolution

Thanks guys.

Corrosive that is good to know, I wasn't sure if I was being realistic,

How has it worked out for you in the past? Do you post jobs as you get them or have you found certain people you go to directly? Are people eager to work and do people charge reasonable prices?

I'm connected with a couple of talented graphic designers already, but as one of the things we focus on at Rise Resolution is creating the right website for the customer (their purpose, audience and image), and I have seen that designers tend to have a certain style that they are practised in and are good at, so I am hoping that depending on the job, I will be able to find the right designer for it.

No doubt a niche will develop over time and business relationships will be formed and we will end up working closely with one designer or a select few. Maybe they could become part of the business, there are only two of us at the moment - myself the technical one and a guy who does the customer and requirement side of things.

Nice forums by the way Damon, it's a pleasure to be here.
  5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Hi Colin. It has worked well for us so far. You need to agree project costs/budgets with designers before you start and ask them to deliver PSD layouts with well-named layers to lessen development time. Ask to check some layouts they have produced before and keep in good contact with regular updates and views of how designs are progressing. Other than that just choose someone you get on well with so that you can have honest discussions about projects. Some designers (usually younger ones) can get a bit prickly if you crit their designs and you don't need that! Hope that helps.
  6. RiseResolution

This is excellent and very useful advice, thank you! :icon_cheers:

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum.