Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Jesmond Cat

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Jesmond Cat, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jesmond Cat

Jesmond Cat Junior Member

hello to you all!

Have just discovered 'Design Forums' whilst trawling the 'net for Illustration Agencies and finding a forum thread, started reading, got hooked.

My background is Product Design, but by the time I finshed the course I realised I wanted to illustrate, more than design and engineer. Have done small commissions here and there (including a range of children's books for five years) whilst driving various desks in local government.

Finally decided I'd had enough of those greasy poles and endless statistics (albeit very well paid ones), and have resigned to have a serious stab at earning some money through creativity.

I've started off a bit low-key- selling prints of my illustrations at arty shops and craft fairs in the North East, and thinking up various ways to get my name and style out there. I'm already missing the comfort of a regular wage-packet, but I have no financial, family or romantic ties, so what better time to take a bit of a risk?

Anyway, good to speak to you all, and it will be good to speak to like-minded souls about what to do and how to do it!

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Jesmond Cat, do you have any work to view?

I used to live in Jesmond btw.

Which was nice.
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm in much the same situation as yourself... Good luck!
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

5. wac

wac Senior Member

Gooood evening!
  6. Jesmond Cat

Jesmond Cat Junior Member

hello all...

Typo- website is almost finished-; I have a few different ranges and styles, but the ones on here are what I would deem the most 'accessible' to the general public. I'm considering at least one more site for some other ranges, which contain slightly more mature content. I'm not from Jesmond, although I'm familiar with it- Jesmond Cat is though, you'll see why! I also have a presence on deviantArt and FB.

Jimlad- thankyou! And good luck to you too. And wac.... good evening!