Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Halifax

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Tedward, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Tedward

Tedward Junior Member

Thought I would introduce myself. I am a graphic designer working at a small printers in Halifax West Yorkshire. My main duties are pre-press with some design and artworking.

I have started a BA (Hons) top up degree in September and I am really enjoying it, its giving me inspiration and getting me out of a rut.

I hope to move into a more fulfilling job some time in the next couple of years, maybe when the job market has improved.

I intend to put some work up to get some feedback, I have tough skin so can take 'constructive criticism', a few pointers where I can improve a piece would be great.

Well I look forward to hearing from people.

Merry Christmas

2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Ah Halifax, not been there in ages. There's a gorgeous* little curry house, The Crown Tandoori, that I've not been to in aaaaaages.

Anyway, welcome!

*It could actually be disgusting as every time I've been it's been like 3am and I've been pretty pissed.
  3. Welcome to the forum Edward :)
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Edward and Merry Christmas!
  5. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF
  6. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Hello and Merry Christmas Eve, Eve :)
  7. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Welcome buddy!
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

When I read "Hello from Halifax" my first thought was this guy...

Thankfully it isn't!!
    Welcome to DF Edward. good to hear the top-up degree is going well, sure your knowledge from print will give you an edge over other people on the course! Look forward to seeing some of your work, and happy Christmas!

9. Tedward

Tedward Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Harry the Crown Tandoori is still doing business I think although I recommend The Village at Sowerby Bridge.

I will try and post a piece of work up now that I have done for college.

Happy New Year to you all.

10. Tedward

Tedward Junior Member

I need help already. How do I put an image in a post? It just asks for a url

11. tim

tim Senior Member

without the spaces either side of the link.

either that or click the hyperlink icon and insert the URL of the image.

if it's your own image, press "go advanced" and if you scroll down it says "manage attachments", you can add an attachment there.

what i always do is photobucket it, and then take that URL and use that, purely because it's free and takes a few seconds.
  12. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Heya and welcome aboard Edward! Maybe I'll see you around the boards. And Happy New year to you.:)

Ok, just out of curiosity what is the story behind the guy in the picture and what does he have to do with Halifax? Is he a TV personality over in the UK?
  13. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Check him out:

Yeah he's from the Halifax (bank) adverts. Think he was a regular cashier. He can sing and dance! haha
  14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Oh God I just went and clicked the link...thanks for that.