Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by INSPIRE, Aug 27, 2009.

INSPIRE Junior Member

Good afternoon guys & gals :)

Hope you don't mind a "non designer" joining your forum. I am a "dabbler" at best, and other than a few fairly crap web site logo's, I have never really played much. I have designed about 50 web sites, but cheap and cheerful, and not something I would display amongst those who know what they are doing ;) All my web sites were for my own business, so the only person suffering due to the designs, me.

The reason for joining, well I guess, is to get some feedback, ideas and inspiration for a new "venture", pardon the pun ;) You see I am opening a photographic studio in Edinburgh, which is intended to offer a venture like service (family portraits, school and nursery photoshoots etc) well as have a small gallery downstairs in the basement.

After weeks of going back and forth trying to think of a name, I am *potentially* settled on "INSPIRE", "insert tagline here"...

Anyway. Whatever I choose to do, I need to ensure I make a half decent job of it. I enjoy playing with photoshop, and love taking photos. I feel like I wan't to tackle the logo / shop identity on my own, however my lack of skill is starting to worry me.

Is there a place here where constructive crit is offered, and hints / tips discussed? I am part of a MASSIVE photographic community, and I have to say, if it where not for said community, I would not even know how to use a camera, let alone contemplate opening a shop.

Looking forward to picking your brains and perhaps offering something useful in there a photo section? :D

2. Welcome to the forum Gary :)
  3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Hey hey, welcome to the forum :D

brilliant intro post, told us lots about you and showed us why you are here :D

if you are able to take criticism well we are more than happy to give it. Aswell as suggestions, coding or technique help,

The work / project feedback & critique section is good for your critique.

There is a photography section for photos.

And there are sections for everything else.

Welcome :D

INSPIRE Junior Member

Thanks for the almost instantaneous welcomes! :D I for one HATE wishy washy watered down crit. If it's no good, people need to know. Massively topical for me due to offering and receiving crit on a number of photos each and every day.

Quite happy to get punched in the balls so to speak, if it means I will end up achieving my goals :D

5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Gary,

Welcome aboard. We'll be more than happy to punch you in the balls. :D

Hope you'll enjoy the forums!
  6. That is more than likely if its deserved especially from Berry "The Beast" Burgess :lol:
  7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Welcome Gary, see you around!
  8. berry

berry Active Member

Welcome to DF - I've just had my lunch so your balls are safe till suppertime.
  9. only Suppertime Berry.. I thought you had the occasional "snack" :)
  10. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Welcome Gary
  11. sarah

sarah Member

Welcome :)
  12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

and welcome from me.
  13. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Hello hello hi hi