Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by INSPIRE, Aug 27, 2009.

1. INSPIRE

INSPIRE Junior Member

Good afternoon guys & gals :)

Hope you don't mind a "non designer" joining your forum. I am a "dabbler" at best, and other than a few fairly crap web site logo's, I have never really played much. I have designed about 50 web sites, but cheap and cheerful, and not something I would display amongst those who know what they are doing ;) All my web sites were for my own business, so the only person suffering due to the designs, me.

The reason for joining, well I guess, is to get some feedback, ideas and inspiration for a new "venture", pardon the pun ;) You see I am opening a photographic studio in Edinburgh, which is intended to offer a venture like service (family portraits, school and nursery photoshoots etc)...as well as have a small gallery downstairs in the basement.

After weeks of going back and forth trying to think of a name, I am *potentially* settled on "INSPIRE", "insert tagline here"...

Anyway. Whatever I choose to do, I need to ensure I make a half decent job of it. I enjoy playing with photoshop, and love taking photos. I feel like I wan't to tackle the logo / shop identity on my own, however my lack of skill is starting to worry me.

Is there a place here where constructive crit is offered, and hints / tips discussed? I am part of a MASSIVE photographic community, and I have to say, if it where not for said community, I would not even know how to use a camera, let alone contemplate opening a shop.

Looking forward to picking your brains and perhaps offering something useful in return...is there a photo section? :D

Gary.

2. Welcome to the forum Gary :)

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Hey hey, welcome to the forum :D

brilliant intro post, told us lots about you and showed us why you are here :D

if you are able to take criticism well we are more than happy to give it. Aswell as suggestions, coding or technique help,

The work / project feedback & critique section is good for your critique.

There is a photography section for photos.

And there are sections for everything else.

Welcome :D

4. INSPIRE

INSPIRE Junior Member

Thanks for the almost instantaneous welcomes! :D I for one HATE wishy washy watered down crit. If it's no good, people need to know. Massively topical for me due to offering and receiving crit on a number of photos each and every day.

Quite happy to get punched in the balls so to speak, if it means I will end up achieving my goals :D

Gary.

5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Gary,

Welcome aboard. We'll be more than happy to punch you in the balls. :D

Hope you'll enjoy the forums!

6. That is more than likely if its deserved especially from Berry "The Beast" Burgess :lol:

7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Welcome Gary, see you around!

8. berry

berry Active Member

Welcome to DF - I've just had my lunch so your balls are safe till suppertime.

9. only Suppertime Berry.. I thought you had the occasional "snack" :)

10. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Welcome Gary

11. sarah

sarah Member

Welcome :)

12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

and welcome from me.

13. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Hello hello hi hi