Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from America

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Rhonda, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Hello all. I'm currently in the States, born and raised. I'm looking for any and all advice in regards to graphic design techniques to possibly advance into a career in the field. This site looks pretty informative, and I look forward to seeing what I can find out.

I already have an extensive background in visual arts, personal and formal training. I have been drawing pretty much all my life. And recently I began to delve into the digital media aspect of design, and for a while I have been looking to hopefully, get into the design aspect of commercial art. And I would like not to limit myself to if I can manage it. I really would like to learn anything I can and am able to.

I also have some training in general office aspects as well. Long term, my goal is possible relocation to the UK if the opportunities are there within my career fields. Don't get me wrong, I am looking closer to home as well, one has to start somewhere. Thank you, and looking forward to learning all I can here.

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Rhonda....always nice to hear from the colonies.

3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Holla welcome aboard the crazy train...

4. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Welcome Rhonda!

5. Welcome to the forum Rhonda :)

6. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hi Rhonda, awww Sprocket's awesome :clap:

7. Thewholehogg

NEWSFLASH! Tom there's a new animated Bert and Ernie TV prog on in the mornings....

catch it if you can.

Back to Rhonda.

8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I'm not six Typo :D

9. Thewholehogg

Nor am I but I like it dude.
    Set the box and catch it later after Numberjacks....

10. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I was only kidding :D What's Numberjacks?

Is that like numberwang for kids?

11. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

That's NUMBERWANG!

Win. I managed to catch alot of Mitchell and Webb on YouTube. Very awesom show, and Numberwang was probably the silliest parody ever (but silly enough for a good laugh)

And thank you for the compliment on Sprocket! I always thought he was an adorable puppy.:)

12. designium

designium Member

Welcome DF Rhonda :D

13. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Typo, apologies, I did set my box and watched it last night and I'm big enough to admit you were right, it's really good! Only problem is my box stopped recording before the end and I didn't see if they made it back out of the painting again. any ideas?