Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello fellow forumers

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by jame5payne, Mar 8, 2012.

1. jame5payne

jame5payne Junior Member

Hello all, I'm James, I'm 30 and I'm from London.

Have been interested in web design now for about a year and a half so have taken it upon myself to try and learn as much as I possibly can, I have completed a few short courses and have purchased a few books.

For practise I have built a couple of simple sites for people i know . . . (can still hear the words "go out there and get stuck in" ringing in my ears), so thought what better way to gain experience than actually start building sites.

Since studying web design I have found a new passion that I never knew was in me and my aim is to be employed by a company hopefully in the not to distant future, (preferably an internship position to gain some real experience).

Yes...I know I'm 30 and a career change at this stage is more challenging but I have so much passion for this field that I don't want to do anything else.

Anyway, have recently been logging onto another forum (not mentioning any names) but am a little disappointed in the responses, seems to be a lot of sarcasm and blunt/snappy answers to some stuff I've posted. I am new to this field so would be nice if the pro's out there could bear with me and give me a chance lol.

So what I'm hoping for is lot's of advice and tips from all you professionals on here, I want to learn as much as I can.

Well, there's a little about myself, I'll stop the rambling now :)

I'm sure I'll get to speak to a few of you soon.

Thanks for reading

James :badumtsh:

2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome.

3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

4. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

welcome to DF

5. welcome to the forum

6. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Generally designers are a sarcastic bunch, but it's all par for the course. Growing a thick skin is an important part of this industry. This is a very helpful and informative forum. There are heated 'discussions' like any group of people that have similar passions, but the mods are great at keeping it all under control.

The best advice is to try and help others as much as you ask for help yourself. If anything does come across as sarcastic, try to remember it's difficult to judge tone in a line of type.
    Personally, I tend to communicate in varying levels of sarcasm, almost exclusively.

Have fin and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.